- Zygosity (type of twins/multiples – fraternal vs. identical)
- Medical conditions to watch out for during the pregnancy (TTTS, IUGR, Mo-Mo Twins)
- High Rish Pregnancy
- Pregnancy care, exercise and nutrition
- Maternity Clothes
- Leaving Work
- Safety in the home: Twinproofing
- What to pack for the Hospital
- Bedrest and possible antenatal hospitalization
- Baby Shower
- Premature Labour
- Labour & Delivery
- Vaginal vs. Caesarean Section
- Bonding with Multiples
- NICU stay and your role in the NICU
- Going Home
- Preparing older siblings in the home
- Baby Equipment – What to BUY and How MANY of each?!
- Baby Names
- Identical Twins and how to tell them apart
- Growth Differences in the babies
- Breastfeeding or Bottle-feeding multiples
- Dad's Role
- Marriage - how to take care of it
- Intimacy and Birth Control after pregnancy
- Antenatal and Postpartum Depression
- Things that Nobody tells you!!
- TPAB/MBC and local community resources
- and so much more!!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Prenatal Session: Managing Multiples
The Twins Plus Association of Brampton is excited to announce that we have finally confirmed that the Managing Multiples Prenatal Class is set to go on Sunday May 26th at 1 pm in the Fortino's Brisdale Small Community Room.
This is our FIRST time we are offering the class and we are very very excited to be embarking on this new venture! We have been working on it for over a year now and have attended training workshops with a Multiples Doula and Prenatal Instructor to prepare ourselves. We stress that our class in not a "Medical" Prenatal Class – although we will be discussing some medical terms and what medical surprises to expect and also be on the lookout for in a multiples pregnancy. We will be discussing everything from the pregnancy to after you bring the babies home...
The fee for the class is $60 per couple for non-members which would include a one-year membership with Twins Plus Association of Brampton and Multiple Births Canada ($30 value). TPAB members would pay $30 per couple.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in attending this session or maybe one at a later date. We hope to have a session every 3-4 months.
Nina Garcia & Devon Johnston
Managing Multiples Instructors
Twins Plus Association of Brampton
Posted by Nina Garcia at 4:00 AM